Ravens receiver Marquise Brown has been cleared for drills this week at minicamp. Baltimore expects he'll be able to do more when the group reconvenes in late July.
John Harbaugh said Thursday he's optimistic the rookie wideout will be ready for training camp, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. Harbaugh added he doesn't know for sure, but there have been no setbacks and the staff is optimistic.
Brown failed Lisfranc operation in January after suffering a foot injury he attempted to play in his final season at Oklahoma. The injury did not stop the Ravens from accepting the shifty, speedy wideout No. 25 total.
??? Team matches for best staying FAs
??? Ranking deepest place groups
??? NFL triplets rankings: Who's No. 1?
??? NFC West primer: Camp questions ??? Rank: Could Redskins surprise?
Brown has yet to start running at full rate, but the hope is that he will be closer to complete health at training camp. If he's healthy to open the season, Brown projects as a Ravens newcomer from the get-go.
Other accidents as teams wrap up minicamps, We're monitoring Thursday:
1. Posted an Instagram story. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the latest surgery was to clean up the scar left by surgery on an increase on his scalp before this offseason. It's not considered major surgery and not related to a drawback.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he does not expect receiver Marqise Lee (knee) or left tackle Cam Robinson (knee) prepared for training camp in July. Marrone hopes both starters will be ready at some point during camp.
3. Cowboys receiver Noah Brown experienced a knee scope a week, keeping him out of minicamp. He's expected to be ready for training camp.
4. Colts tight end Jack Doyle managed to run routes at full speed after Thursday's practice, per Zak Keefer of the Indy Star. Doyle did not participate in practices that this offseason but could be on track for training camp. Doyle is coming off hip surgery and a kidney injury.
5. Bears coach Matt Nagy stated he"feels good" about tight ending Trey Burton being prepared to go for training camp. Burton had sports hernia surgery earlier this offseason.